she needs to come home




The thought has been around since day 1.  In recent months, though, it has turned from a "maybe someday" to a "we need to do this now".  We are pulling my daughter out of public school and bringing her home.  The details are still in the working out phase but the end goal is set in stone.  Come 2016 I will be add home schooling mom to my hat rack.

I have fought it.  I have claimed that I can't.  But what we can't do is stay in the same pattern we are currently in.  In my heart, I truly believe this is going to breathe life into our entire family.  But it is still scary.  Thankfully, she is beyond excited and that excitement helps to motivate me forward.

We will have time to search down some more answers to what is going on inside of her complex mind.  We will have time to go back and learn some of the things she has missed out on.  We will have time to get to know each other deeper.  Time.  She currently misses at least six hours a week of school due to therapy.  And while the rest of her grade is ready to move on to the next lesson, she is still wrestling with the old one.  She comes home exhausted and frustrated and begging to not go back.  I believe bringing her home will give her time for all these things.  And that time will result in healing.  Not easy, but good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation