The road winds longer

So we found out this week that the wait times for our adoption have increased. The wait for referral is now 14 to 16 months. This means that we will travel to bring home our little girl between August and December of next year. My new prayer is that she will be home by Christmas of next year. Of course I would love to have her in my arms today, but trust God's plan above my own. In the waiting is where I learn to be her Mommy. This is not just about me desiring a child. I want also to be the Mommy that she needs. Our prayer is that we will be able to communicate to her how much we longed for her before we ever saw her face. Each month we wait, we will love her even more. When we explained all of this to my oldest, he said,"Oh, but that will be so long to wait!" What a great opportunity to explain to him about God's perfect plan for our family and that we can trust Him to bring our baby home when the time is right. And what an incredibly joyous day that will be!!!

Comments

  1. This is Rachel Cruz's friend, I'm Jocelyn. I'm starting to get interested in adopting myself, so just know I'm following your updates! That's amazing you have to wait so long. I had told hubby (who isn't desiring this...YET! :) that even if we decided to move quickly NOW....it would be well over a year...well now I know it would be at least that! But I am not yet sure it would be Ethiopia or where it would be. We'll see! Very exciting to follow your journey though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God is sovereign. He loves us and knows what is best for us. He knows exactly the right baby for you and the right time for her to come.
    "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
    I say, "You are my God,"
    My times are in Your hand." Psalm 31:14,15
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will seem a lot longer while you are in it. I am catching myself being amazed that we are quickly approaching our "referral-versary". On May 7th we will mark 1 year since we saw our Levi's face. So much has happened in that year and now I not only know his face, I know his moods and his cries and his temper and his sweet affection. The wait time will make you stronger and will give you the things you need to KNOW that God had THIS girl for you. No other time frame would work to bring you to her. God is great and adoption is AWESOME!! Can't wait to follow your journey in between my own. :)

    Love you!!
    KP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation