when Marines worship Jehovah




My mom posted this video on her facebook wall yesterday.  I was intrigued by the tagline "Participatory worship. I love how excited the men get to sing this song & the camaraderie. 'Days of Elijah'" and so I hit play.  I have heard this song before.  I have myself been in a crowd of people singing this song.  But when these nearly 500 U.S. Marines at the Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton in California started singing it was like hearing it for the first time.  

The news over the past few months has grown increasingly more and more disturbing.  At times it can feel like everything is complete chaos.  Followers of Christ are being persecuted all around the world.  And here in our own country you sense a growing disdain for anyone who claims the Bible as absolute Truth.  This video filled me with such great hope.  It is so encouraging to see any group of men joyfully praising God, but in light of current events, seeing a group of Marines exclaiming "THERE IS NO GOD LIKE JEHOVAH!"  made me weep.  

I'm sure many of you have already seen this video.  However it is difficult to understand the words if you have never heard the song.  So here are the lyrics and you can read more about the story behind this song (what the song means) here.  A volunteer at the "Faith Warriors" service, Merrie Pardee Baldwin, posted this comment about her video going viral..... "I'm really happy that this video has gone viral, but the thing that I'm hoping for is that I want people to pray for our troops. That's my intention. I want more people praying for our troops because there is so much bad news in the media that I want people seeing something positive," she continued. ..... I echo her call to prayer for our troops who are this very moment sacrificing for my, and your freedom.  A freedom that allows me to write blogposts like this one.  

These are the days of Elijah
Declaring the word of the Lord
And these are the days of Your servant Moses
Righteousness being restored

And these are the days of great trials
Of famine and darkness and sword
Still we are the voice in the desert crying
Prepare ye the way of the Lord!

Behold He comes, riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun at the trumpet's call
So, lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee
Out of Zions hill, salvation comes

And these are the days of Ezekiel
The dry bones becoming as flesh
And these are the days of Your servant, David
Rebuilding a temple of praise
And these are the days of the harvest
The fields are all white in Your world
And we are the laborers in Your vineyard
Declaring the Word of the Lord

Behold He comes, riding on the clouds
Shining like the sun at the trumpet's call
So, lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee
Out of Zions hill, salvation comes

Theres no God like Jehovah!
Songwriters
Francis Robert Mark
Published by
INTEGRITY'S HOSANNA! MUSIC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation