my guest blogger: Kody




Life around here is crazy.  Each year May gets a bit more hectic and this year is no different.  I am learning and, hopefully, next year I will remember to do things a bit differently.  So Mother's Day has come and gone, but I still wanted to share this post from Kody.  One of the blessings of sending your children to public school is the guarantee of a mother's day card.  Faith sent me a card with the handprint poem that makes me cry every. single. time.  This time was no different except Kody got a little teary with me.  In Elie's card she wrote that she likes it when I make her dinner and she thinks I am best at washing clothes.  Tyler wrote that I am very smart because I know all about Jesus and contained some coupons that I intend to cash in this summer for some extra chores.  But Kody's card this year was a little different.  He wrote me a poem.  I loved it so much I asked if he would write it for my blog.  He was very excited to share this with you and intends to write more posts in the future.  I hope he does.  So,  here's Kody:                                                            





 if mom was in charge of the world


if mom was in charge of the world,
she'd cancel HIGH SHORTS,arguments,and also unflushed toilets

if mom was in charge of the world,
there'd be no trafficking, no video games, and
pancakes all day long.

if mom was in charge off the world,
you wouldn't have to pay,
you wouldn't have medicine pills,
or "drugs"
you wouldn't even have medicine shots.

if mom was in charge of the world,
a tomato would be a vegetable.
all books would be fun
and a person who sometimes forgets to flush,
and sometimes forgets to wash,
would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.

Comments

  1. This is great! I am so happy to read what he has written and I hope that he continues to write in the future. My favorite part is "cancel the high shorts". So funny, but also so true. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word picture of your awesome mom, Kody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Kody! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so precious! he observes and TRULY knows you so well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation