hard questions



I know baby girl has snot crust in this picture but I still love it.  There is so much thought and emotion going on constantly behind those beautiful brown eyes.  She ponders life at a level above her age.  We have wrestled together with some big questions this past year.  She is asking things that I hadn't expected to answer for at least another couple of years.  Each time I pause and pray that God will speak life to her as I open my mouth.  I desperately need His help to answer her questions.  Many times questions that I myself am also wrestling with in my own heart.

Today it happened again.  A new question with a heavy answer... "Who was my birth daddy?"  We parent from a philosophy of complete honesty with our children.  When my girls ask a question about their pasts, I answer it with what I know and always remind them of how much I love them. My heart breaks for her losses in this life.  I reminded Faith that God has always been with her from the day she was made in her birth mother's womb to the day she entered the orphange to this moment in our kitchen.  She smiled, that smile that just makes you smile not matter what else is going on.  And then spoke from her heart.  "God is my Daddy."

My little girl reminded me today that God will redeem the brokenness.  It is because of her past that she understands God as her Father in a way that most adults cannot grasp.  He will speak to her heart when my words fall short and I struggle to find a way to answer.

But when the fullness of time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.  Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Daddy! Father!"  ~ Galatians 4:4-6

Comments

  1. Praising Jesus that he is a father to all and that he satisfies our needs. And, praising Jesus that you and Kevin are reaping the benefits of faithful parenting that is aligned with God's Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer is that she will always know that she is a child of God. May she always know how much He loves her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation