elie's dedication

"For this child I have prayed and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to Him" ~ (1 Sam)


"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future." ~ (Jer 29)  The thought of this moment helps carry me through the wait of adoption.  The day when we dedicate our child to God in front of our friends and family.  It is the moment when we publicly declare that this child belongs to our Heavenly Father.  We make a promise to dedicate ourselves to teaching her God's Truth and to live out the gospel in our home so that she may know Jesus for herself.  "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." (Deut. 6)  




Elie recently told me, "When I was in China I never prayed."  Today she not only talks daily with her Heavenly Father but has also learned the Truth of Jesus and His incredible love for her.  In all these things we greatly rejoice!  One of my favorite moments from this last week:  As she walked through the grocery store, she sang with confidence "Come to me and I will answer you and tell you, great and unsearchable things you do not know".  Our prayer is that she will always turn to God for every question in her life and find in Him healing for every broken part.  




Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 
When you pass through the waters,    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze. 
For I am the Lord your God,    the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour
(Isaiah 43)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation