ready for a break




I love my boys playing baseball.  They love playing baseball.  It was a great season.  But I am so happy that it is over.  And we have almost survived another year of school.  Only three more days and then we will be officially on vacation.

Parents of older children tried to tell me that the end of the school year was busy, but I really didn't fully appreciate what they were talking about until this year.  With three children in public school + two children playing a spring sport = a lot going on.  Honestly, I think I am more done than they are.  I would like to blame it on being pregnant.  So maybe we will just go with that.

I am struggling to get my kids to school on time.  In months gone by when they would come down the stairs with clashing colors or dress socks and shorts, I would help them find something a little less harsh on the eyes.  However, I have given up and they no longer match and some days their hair isn't combed.  Which is why we went ahead and gave the boys their summer haircuts, military style.  And now that we will have five kids, I think this hairstyle is here to stay for the Judkins boys.
But we have almost made it.  We have appreciated every teacher and coach, participated in field days and end of everything parties, finished up their last projects.... which as a side note to all you teachers out there:
Parents do not want to have a project to complete on the last weekend before school gets out.  Especially when it involves your third grader, who does not like writing,  having to write twelve paragraphs of information.  Please, have mercy!   We just want to go to the pool!!


And I am happy to announce that I managed the pool with my big belly and my crew of four flying solo.  I even managed to rescue a diving stick from the deep end.  My plan to soak in the water until August is actually going to work.  Today, Kody volunteered to play with the girls in the shallow water while I went to the bathroom.  By myself.  This is a mom of four's version of resort living.  Fabulous.  

Only three more days until everyone is home.  Only three more days until we can put the backpacks away for two months.  Only three more days until I can take my watch off and be disconnected from my phone.  

Last summer was such a blur.  We are all really looking forward to this one.  



The boy's adoring fans.  Baseball is a family event for the Judkins Team.  


This is where I found Kody after he went to work on his project... fast asleep.  I think we are ready for vacation.  How about you??  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation