summer lists and dip


About this time of year the internet starts going all ablaze with Summer Fun lists.  I admit that I get a little panicky.  Should I have a summer bucket list?  Will my kids' summer be ruined if I don't construct a water obstacle course with a corresponding snack where the food looks like ocean animals?  

I asked my kids what they wanted to do this summer.  Let's make a list.  Here is what they came up with:
Go to the pool
Play outside with friends
Go to Ohio (already planned)
Go to the Beach (already planned)
Fundraising Lemonade Stand

And that my friends is it.  I prodded some more and that was all I could get.  And maybe that is because most of our days look something like this:





We may try to make aquarium jello or play a new game off of pinterest this summer.  But I am choosing to let go of putting pressure on myself to have the perfect summer list.  Besides I like my kid's version much better.  

Here's a super easy, super yummy fruit dip for all that summer fruit.  Three out of four children think it's great.  One out of four would like for it to forever remain off the menu.  Mama can eat it by the bowl full. 




8 oz french vanilla yogurt
2 T almond butter
1/2 T honey
1/2 t cinnamon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation