the next leg of the race

Our family is in a season of change.  It is pushing and reshaping everyone.  At times it is quite painful.  At times glorious.  It is reaching into our souls to unearth that which had yet to be spoken.  It is bringing light to the dark areas and calling us to step into the mire with each other.  To get dirty in those broken places.  

Last Friday marked the day that I entered this world.  The day that my mother pushed me into the arms of a nursing student.  The day that started the clock for all the days that were to be for my life.  Thirty-Five.  I am way past the years of childhood.  Way past the years of starting out.  Way past the time of figuring out who I am and why I am.  This is me.  I feel that I have reached some sort of milestone in this race.  All the miles that have come before have molded me into what is now and they have given me the tools for the journey ahead.  I am excited to begin this next leg of my marathon.  

So, everyone keeps asking "what did you do for your big day?".  In summary, the past few days have been amazing.  Not because of any one big thing.  Just enjoying my simple life and the beautiful people who surround me everyday.  

Special treats with my kids. 


Walks to the park. 


Watching my precious children play baseball and run in the grassy fields. 


Beautiful notes and meaning gifts from those who regularly love on me.   
Quiet nights outside to sit and talk with my best friend and partner in this adventure. 
I am blessed beyond measure.  



The day ended surrounded by friends walking to send orphans in China to summer camp.  Scriptures of Light being read.  Excitement and Giggles over being out so late and wearing glow necklaces.  My children hand in hand with their friends. Watching a video feed from China.  And then hearing that we had raised enough to send two more precious children to camp.  Two more children will spend a week being loved and encountering the Father of Love.  Perfect end to a simply beautiful day.  









Comments

  1. Happy 35th sweet friend! I got so giddy when I saw you were wearing one of my shirts in your pic! I know-so silly but it made me smile !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation