A Look at our Baby's World




There were some questions this week with my pregnancy and so the midwife wanted to move up our 20 week ultrasound to make sure every thing was okay.  One of the things mentioned was placenta previa... which no one wants to have, especially a mama who has four little ones to take care of already.  There were many prayers offered this week for the baby and for me.  We appreciate every one.

After a week of so much heartbreak in the world, and many stretching moments in our own household, it was beautiful to experience a moment of extreme joy. Our baby is perfect.  Everything looks great.  We are now 18 weeks and 2 days into this pregnancy.  Daddy thinks the baby looks like a girl.  The children think the baby looks like a baby bear...who is a boy.  We asked the technician not to tell us because, after all, my love language is fun surprises.

This baby is a gift.  Every baby is a gift.  And as I pondered that looking at number 5's picture, I found it very hard for me to believe, that if I wanted to, I could choose to end this child's life today.  Our baby is moving and kicking so strongly that not only can I feel it, but you can see it moving from the outside of my belly.  How can it be possible that this precious child is not protected under the laws of our country?  How can it be that their life is not seen as significant and worth saving?  Why isn't more being done to support mamas to give their babies life?  Looking at this beautiful picture makes me want to do something more.  And I hope it inspires you to do the same.


For You formed my inward parts;
            You wove me in my mother’s womb.
      I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
            Wonderful are Your works,
            And my soul knows it very well.
      My frame was not hidden from You,
            When I was made in secret,
            And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
      Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
            And in Your book were all written
            The days that were ordained for me,
            When as yet there was not one of them.
           ~ Psalm 139






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation