Happy Birthday Tyler!!!


Yes another birthday post.  This is birthday season at our house.  And at the end of a long run of birthdays is the day we celebrate T.  In the midst of all the chaos of getting ready for China, we are pausing to celebrate a very special little boy.  A little boy who has waited the past 2 months as all his other siblings were celebrated.  Six years ago God blessed our family with a great big surprise.  The doctors again had told us no way with some drugs to help, but God once again decided to prove them wrong and T started growing inside my belly.  I knew from day 1 that he was going to be a boy.  My heart was so full of joy with the knowledge that I was going to be a mama to two and my stomach was at constant war with me once again.  Kevin did not have a license and I was unable to drive anywhere after 4pm without barfing all over the car - so we spent a lot of time at home during those months.  And just like all moms, when I look at T, hands down I would do it all over again in a second to have my sweet little boy.

Unexpectedly, at 36 weeks, I went into labor and Tyler Michael joined our family on July 2, 2006.  He came out fast and breathing heavy.  When he couldn't regulate his breathing, he was rushed off to the NICU.  Recalling those moments still get me teary to this day.  There is nothing right about giving birth to a baby only to have them taken away from you moments later.  His lungs just were not quite ready and he needed some extra help.  Thankfully it was only for 24 hours, but it was some of the longest 24 hours of my life.  

T looked totally different from Kody.  He had dark hair like his daddy, but his face was like looking into a mirror.  Me as a boy, personality and all.  I had prayed for a snuggly baby this time around and God answered that prayer with a baby that had to be held and worn around the clock.  He would be screaming and as soon as he got in the wrap he would giggle.  At six he still is super snuggly,  i love that.  

For the first few years he existed only as Kody's shadow.  We had no idea what he really liked because he just wanted to do whatever Kody was doing.  Over the past year he has come more into his own person and  it has been fun to discover who he is apart from his brother.  T has the best laugh.  It is more like a deep chuckle and there is no way to not laugh along with him once he gets going.  One of the best moments this year was when he decided to give his life to Jesus.  Everytime someone talks about salvation he get so excited and enthusiastically says, "I did that!"  

I have enjoyed our mornings together this year with half day kindergarten.  I am going to miss him dearly next year when he is at school all day.  But he is very ready to take it on.  He loves learning and all things school.  I know he is going to thrive in first grade.  I look forward to seeing what God has in store for this amazing little boy.  

Happy 6th Birthday T!!!   I love you so much!!!!   


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation