The Leader of the Pack



Eight years ago a miracle happened.  Doctors said it wasn't possible for him to be made without medical intervention, they said he was going to have all sorts of problems, they said he was facing the wrong direction and a c-section would be necessary.... but on June 21, 2004 Kody entered the world without a c-section in perfect health.  Those 5 pounds of little boy completely changed my life.

God knew our family would need Kody as the first child.  He seemed to be born with a deep love for God and a compassion for people.  As one friend told me, "He has an old soul."  Kody gave me the title I had always dreamed of "Mother".  His life has taught me so much.  He is the experiment, our trial run on being parents and knowing how to care for children.  In spite of the times we have gotten it all wrong, he is still an amazing little boy.  I am humbled to have the honor of being his mother.  He is just pure joy to my heart.  I cannot wait to see what God has for his life.  Currently he wants to be in the military so he can fight to end human slavery ..... or work at McDonald's.

Happy Birthday Kody Lee!!!!  

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Kody! I still remember him in the blue & yellow infant carrier from the hospital new mom group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, what a great memory. loved the days with our matching carseats. crazy how time flies by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation