My New Life

For You, O LORD, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. ~ ps 92:4


These days the question to ask is, "So....how's it going with Faith and having three kids?" It's busy. There are moments of tears and moments of laughter from every member of the team. There are now three little people with needs to be met and sometimes they all need something at the same time. There are some sleepless nights where all three children can't seem to find a peaceful rest. Faith is a wonderful little girl but she also a normal baby who at times cries because she doesn't get her way, she wants to be held whenever I am making a meal and gets into everything she isn't supposed to. However it does truly feel like we are on the precipice of stepping into our new "normal" around here. And while things are busier, I really am loving every moment of it...honestly! I still have to pinch myself to believe that this isn't a dream. She is really home. It still blows my mind after so many months of waiting that she is actually in my arms. The boys LOVE her and so does anyone else who meets her. She is a very fun little girl with a smile and personality that will win anyone's heart. I love my new life and am so blessed that God has given me 3 amazing children to mother.

Today was my first day solo. Kevin left for the office this am for the first time in a month. So first day of parenting three kids totally alone for the day and first day of being away from my husband after spending 4 weeks together. We are having a great day but we definitly all miss Daddy. I love that Kevin and I can spend 4 weeks together solid and still want to be around each other.

My first order of business this am was to try to style my baby girl's hair. My first attempt at a hairstyle. I had just left it alone because I wasn't sure what to do with the hair around her bump on her head. The first attempt you can see here. I tried to just gather the hair on top in another band. However, it didn't hold and kind of looked silly. So then I found I could pull it all behind the bump and fasten it with a barrette. You can see that in the top pic in the shopping cart. Hours later the bands are all still in and looking cute. It was a fun first attempt. However, I'm sure one day I will look back on this picture and laugh at my feeble first attempt at her hair. I have found the key to getting her to sit still though. I put the booster seat backwards on the chair, a few cheerios on the tray and then attached a mirror to the chair back so she can look at herself... her favorite activity. Worked like a charm.

Our next adventure was to hit Wegmans grocery store. The kids all did great. Kody went as a Ninja and pointed out every fire exit in the store...we were very protected. Tyler and Faith had a blast in the car together. And to top it off we ran into 3 friends. It was a great first trip to Wegmans together.

Today I read this verse in Nehemiah and just loved it. "and on that day they offered great sacrifices and rejoiced because God had given them great joy, even the women and children rejoiced, so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard from afar." (nehemiah 12:43) I love the visual picture of a body of people all rejoicing so loudly that it could be heard from far away. I pray that Team Judkins headquarters would model after this verse....that we would rejoice in the moments that God gives us and the sound would be so great that it would resound from our home.

Tomorrow am is Faith's MRI. Please be in prayer for her, Kevin and I and those taking care of her. She will have to have anaesthesia to put her to sleep for the test. We are praying that she reacts well to the medication and that they can get a great picture for a clear diagnosis.

Comments

  1. I love what you did to her hair yesterday at the party, and I am kicking myself in the but for not getting a picture. Not sure if it was a ribbon from one of the presents or a cute pink hairband. But she was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Jessica :). That was a ribbon from a present that we just tied around her head. She has awesome headband hair. I love her natural curls with a handband or ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the recap of the first week and the photos of her hairdo. You did such a great job! Can't wait to meet her! I would love to set up a time to come by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation