The most beautiful piece of paper

We have been waiting since the middle of March to receive one very important document, our updated I171. This piece of paper allows us to immigrate 1 child with special needs from Ethiopia to the U.S. The paper got caught up in about 100ft of red tape, with all sorts of excuses and things being lost. Our Congressman Frank Wolf's office got involved in the case and they also seemed to run into a brick wall. We kept emailing, calling, and praying, praying, praying.

Last Saturday evening we were invited to a BBQ at our dear friends, The Clarks. The house was packed full of people who all bleed for orphans. At one point in the evening the group laid hands on us and prayed for God to move on our behalf. Many of our other friends and family have been praying in this direction as well. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who get it. On the days when we were so discouraged or when we have been tested by those who do not get it....it always brings comfort to think of the literally hundreds of people who are lifting us up in prayer.

On Tuesday I was blessed to spend the entire day with my little sister and help her during her labor. I am so thankful that through my relationship with Kevin God blessed me with a little sister and a great friend. It was probably the first day in quite awhile that I was not hourly checking my email and phone to see if Immigration had contacted us. The day ended in my sister needing a C-section and me sitting in the waiting room. I asked my brother in law if I could use his Iphone to check my email. (Yes, I am one of the last remaining people in NOVA without an Iphone). And there it was....an email from the Washington Adoption Unit. Our case was approved and being shipped to the State Department. Before I knew what was even coming out of my mouth I was screaming and then the sobbing came. The emotions run deep right now. I hope I can pull it together when we finally get to hold our precious baby girl.

I called my dear mother, who was watching the boys, to let her know what happened. I hear Kody and Tyler in the background asking what happened. When my mom tells them that we received the paper, the boys start screaming with delight. They are beyond excited that we are so close to bringing her home.

And so now we wait once again to receive word that the I171 has been processed through the National Visa Center and wired on to the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia. We are told this should take around 5 business days. Once we have this confirmation, then we can book a ticket!!!

Comments

  1. PRAISE GOD!!! I'm so happy for this fabulous news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait!!! I'm so excited for you! I am thinking of you so often and praying for you. I need to call you, but life has gotten in the way. If you get a spare minute before you leave, call me and I would love to chat and pray with you! I love you and I am SUPER proud of you and the way you have walked through this with grace and love! You are still my hero!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation