Leaving on a Jet Plane


WE HAVE TICKETS!!!! We are just a few short days away from flying to Ethiopia and beginning our life as a family of 5. All documents found, all forms filed, all approvals obtained. After 2 years of paperwork, we will finally hold our baby girl in our arms.

Today I called the pediatrician and set up an appointment for when we get home. I couldn't stop smiling. It was wonderful to be able to make that phone call and to begin her journey towards healing.

The boys are beyond excited for their little sister to come home. Many times my Kody has prayed that God would bring home his little sister before he started 1st grade so he "could play with her, because once I start school I will be at school all day." Thank you God for answering a child's heartfelt prayer and bringing home his sister the week he begins his summer vacation. God is so good!

This picture is from Kody's "feelings class". The picture is of Faith knocking over the lamp and he is helping her pick it up. Atleast he has a realistic picture of what it will be like to have a baby in the house.

Comments

  1. Praise.The.Lord!!! Sonya, my heart is full for you right now! Full of joy, full of excitement, full of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, realistic pictures will bode well for everyone in the coming adjustment time. :) What a precious family you have! I am going to try to resist the urge to drive to meet you at the airport, but rest assured, I will drive SOON! As soon as you give me the all clear, we are ALL THERE! I love you and can't wait to hug you and your baby girl! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation