Judy

First, I want to share some exciting news with you. The missionaries with drawn from water were able to rescue a precious 8 month old little boy this week!! Pray for the health of this child, many of the kids they have rescued from this tribe have come very sick and extremely malnourished.

So last week we found out that we would not receive the documents needed to travel. And then came the silence. Not bad news, not good news, just no news...total silence. We had no idea what was going on with the document we needed and could not get anyone to respond to us....until today. A wonderful woman, Judy, is working to help bring Faith home. She works for Congressman Wolf and specializes in these types of cases. She was able to talk with someone at immigration. Apparently immigration did not have on file that I had redone my fingerprints earlier this month. They only had on Kevin's on record. So I have faxed our confirmation receipt from my fingerprint appointment to dear Judy and she is going to take it to immigration today.

Our family bible study today was about calling on the Name of the LORD. The devotional asked "If you saw an accident and needed help fast who would you call? The pizza man?" (insert hysterical laughter of two small boys) No, of course not, you would call 9-1-1. It is important to know who to call when you are in trouble. And then came the reminder straight from God to me from a children's devotional "There may be days when you feel bad or sad or upset. That's when you need to remember who to call. Call upon the name of the LORD!"

I was still in a funk, not hopeless, just weary. My mom came to spend some time with my boys this morning, which allowed me some quiet time to myself. As a side note, I would like to say that my mom is amazing! As I watch her play with my boys it always reminds me why I have such wonderful memories of being a child and why I always wanted to be a mother. Seriously, how many grandmas do you know will play make believe for hours upon hours with two rowdy boys. At one point today she was tied up in prison after being captured by two little superheros. They woman's heavenly crown is going to be astonishingly beautiful and extremely heavy.

So I took advantage of some time alone to read my bible and to pour my heart out to God. "The LORD of Hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold." (ps 46:7) The LORD of Hosts is the meaning of God's name, Jehovah-sabaoth. God revealed this Name to the Isrealites when they were at the end of their self, they had not given up, but they needed a deliverer...someone to fight for them. Yes, God, that is us. Our family is in deperate need of deliverance. We are not willing to give up the fight, but the situation has caused us to be weary. We need Jehovah-sabaoth to fight for us.

Then I received a message from Judy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation