Let year 33 begin!

Today is the first day of my 33rd year. Last week I thought I would wake up this morning in Ethiopia. Instead I woke up to the singing of my amazing husband and my two incredible sons, Miracle #1 and Miracle #2. And while it would have been wonderful to also have miracle #3 in my arms, that will have to wait until May 17, 2011. Birthdays tend to make me a bit reflective. Anniversaries and Birthdays have always been a moment for me to hit pause on my life, to view where I have been and where I am going.

The current adventure the Spirit has me on is at the same time exicting and totally scary. But I think that is exactly what our lives should be, we should be pursuing God to the point where life feels more like an adventure then a documentary. I love the quote by Helen Keller, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." When I was in nursing school I did a clinical rotation at an inpatient drug rehab facility for women. Each morning we would all sit in a circle and take turns stating the following, "Today I feel (fill in the blank), and with that I'll pass". As the morning of my birth dawns, "Today I feel excited for the adventure of life and with that I will pass."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation