Pink Invasion

And so the fun part of waiting to bring home a little girl....decorating and putting together the nursery. We are so blessed to have so many hand me downs from friends and family!! I love, love, love the pink wall. I seriously squealed out loud when I opened the can. Her room is full of old and new memories. The swan hanging above the door is from a rocker that I used to play in all the time at my grandmother's house when I was a little girl. The picture of the ballerina says "Trust your Dreams to God" and I looked at that picture everyday during my childhood...i knew that had to go in her room. She has plenty of dolls, some were mine and some will be new to her. And closet packed full of beautiful clothes that were all given to us! After hanging the mobile on the crib, I turned on the music...instantly I was transported back to when the boys were infants. The sound of Mozart mingled with the sliding shapes on the mobile is such a beautiful sound to my heart. The boys had already gone to bed and came running in the room as soon as they heard the music. I wish I had a photo of that moment - the two of them standing in totally stillness as they stared at the mobile going around. I guess it still has some magic left, even on a 5 year old little boy.











Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Her closet is full of little girl cloths :-) I love it!

    The curtains are amazing! did you make those?
    Kody such a tenderheart :-) he is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. faith is already going to be one darling dressed sweetheart! love the closet filled with PINK. and, great idea to include special toys/memories from your childhood into her room. MAYBE i can see it in person someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica - my mom made the curtains when i was pregnant with Kody. @ Sarah - we would love to have you visit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation