Our baby's name

We still don't know who she is, how old she is or when she will come home... but God has given us a name. Months ago I read Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." and next to it in my Bible I wrote the words "adoption". Kevin and I have discussed some names for our little girl, but thought we would wait to get our referral until deciding for sure.

Recently though there is one name that we cannot get away from and the entire family has agreed that our little one should have this name, her name is Faith.

This week as the boys and I walked down the path to the playground near our home, we were discussing what faith means. I explained that faith was seeing with our hearts what we cannot see with our eyes. He said, "like the name of our baby." Yes, Kody, just like the name of baby. Although we cannot see her with our eyes or hold her with our hands, we know that she exists and hope for the day when we can see her face to face. Our little one is teaching each of us so much already!

And so for the many of you who I know pray for our darling little girl, you can now pray for her by name - Faith Judkins.

Comments

  1. Oh sonya I love her name! So perfect!
    I also love Kodys heart, he has such a tender heart for such a young little man. He is going to be a great big brother to both Faith and Tyler.

    The Lord is totally bringing your daughter to a deep rooted Christian family, where he is already so obviously working in the hearts of your sons to prepare them for their little sister. She is totally going to be able to flourish in the love that they are going to give her.

    I just can't wait to meet my future niece Faith Judkins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! It's perfect. I can't wait to meet her. When I think of her now, it will be nice to know her name.

    Love you!
    KP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation