investing in a child

Many people have asked us about the financial costs of adoption. So I have added a list on here of our costs to date. Honestly this is the one area of adoption that is at times hard to swallow. The reality is that there are many fees for both our government and theirs and they begin to really add up. It is truly a walk of faith. We know that God has called us to grow our family through adoption and we know that He will provide for all that is needed, even when at times we can't see exactly how this is all going to work out. It definitly helps to look at our two boys and know that we would pay any amount to have them as our children. It just takes faith to do this process in reverse. As always, I would love to answer any questions you may have about adoption! We are praying that many will chose to grow their families through adoption and give the gift of a forever family to a child.

Comments

  1. We've been working on our adoption, and it can be discouraging at times, already. Not only the money, but when doctors offices aren't cooperative, and no one takes you seriously and thinks you are just annoying when you say the notary's commission can't expire for at least 18 months. I was just thinking about it today like what if my boys were in Haiti, and I couldn't get them back until I did all this, plus a long wait on what they were doing in Haiti. All that money would be nothing...all that paperwork, and frustrations...I would do anything I had to do to get my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the dilemma of the special needs mama: to expect more or to redefine the expectation

lessons of christmas: joseph and mary

preparing for surgery: a surprise vacation